free web counter

Maries Two Cents

Far Right Conservative And Proud Of It!..... Stories That I Think Need Special Attention, And, Of Course, My Two Cents :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Del City, Oklahoma, United States




Click for Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Forecast





Homeland Security Advisory

April 21, 2006

Feed Shark Turbo Tagger

U.S. Rep. Alan Mollohan D-West VA Violates 250 Ethics Rules

House Dem Committed 250 Ethics Violations, Group Says
By Monisha Bansal
CNSNews.com Staff Writer


(CNSNews.com) - U.S. Rep. Alan Mollohan (D-W.Va.) has committed over 250 violations of House ethics rules, according to a conservative legal watchdog group.



The National Legal and Policy Center (NLPC) filed a complaint with the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia on Feb. 28, alleging that Mollohan failed to disclose and grossly underreported his assets, loans and interests in certain companies.

After filing a series of Freedom of Information Act requests, NLPC stated that "slowly a picture of Mollohan's finances emerged that was sharply different from the one being portrayed in the Financial Disclosure Reports." All members of Congress are required to file the disclosure forms as part of the Ethics in Government Act.

Ken Boehm, chairman of the NLPC, said every report Mollohan filed from 1996 to 2004 had "major errors."

"The real issue here is not whether Mollohan systematically was hiding financial and real estate assets, and grossly misrepresenting their value. He was. The real issue is why he was hiding those assets," Boehm said, also pointing out that Mollohan is the ranking Democrat on the House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct -- popularly known as the ethics committee.

"No one in the House has more familiarity with the disclosure laws than he does. Any kind of excuse that he did not know how to fill out his financial disclosure reports -- for a nine-year period -- does not pass the straight face test," Boehm added.

But House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Friday defended Mollohan and argued that Democrats have a history of ethics reform. For months Democrats have been attacking what they call the "Republican culture of corruption" in Congress and at the White House.

"The Speaker (Illinois Republican Dennis Hastert) should join me in directing the Ethics Committee to get to work, and not cast aspersions on the independent and distinguished Ranking Member," said Pelosi.

She referenced the Jack Abramoff lobbying scandal, which has resulted in Abramoff pleading guilty, former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay of Texas being indicted and Rep. Bob Ney (R-Ohio) being criticized for his involvement with Abramoff. Pelosi also invoked the name of former Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham of California, who pleaded guilty in a bribery scandal and is in prison.


Read Full Story Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And the correption of the LEFT continues. Let's see you step aside and Police Yourself Mollohan!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I am undergoing some personal problems right now, in case you didn’t already know. So I have had little time to visit blogs. I barely have time to post on my own. I just want you to know I still read your blogposts if not everyday, at least every other day. Bear with me while I deal with my problems. I will soon be back blogging with passion as I have in the past.

If you visit some of the blogs I also visit, you will see this same comment.

April 24, 2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Mark,
I havent had alot of time lately to visit everyone's blogs either. I will be getting around to all you guys shortly. I have been involved with my daughter's Senior Prom, and Graduation as well as work. Oh and how could I forget dodging tornado's!! (God How I Love Spring In Oklahoma)
Good luck on your personel problems. I'm sure all we be well.

April 26, 2006 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RepublicanGOP.com The Ring of Republican Websites
Ring Owner: Republicans Site: republicangop.com/ - The Ring of Republican Websites
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Free Site Ring form Bravenet

Proud Member Of The Alliance

........In Memory Of President Ronald Wilson Reagan....................................................................In Memory Of President Ronald Wilson Reagan........


Click for Harbor City, California Forecast


Click for Carthage, Tennessee Forecast


Click for Dekalb, Illinois Forecast