free web counter

Maries Two Cents

Far Right Conservative And Proud Of It!..... Stories That I Think Need Special Attention, And, Of Course, My Two Cents :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Del City, Oklahoma, United States




Click for Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Forecast





Homeland Security Advisory

June 19, 2007

Feed Shark Turbo Tagger

FRED THOMPSON UPDATE:

Fred Thompson seeks Thatcher's blessing

The foreign trip come as Thompson prepares to launch his presidential campaign, expected next month.

Fred Thompson, the actor and former Tennessee senator who is expected to announce next month he is running for president, flew to London on Monday to meet Margaret Thatcher and deliver a foreign policy speech, his advisers tell The Politico.



Thompson's advisers aim to use the London events to bolster his foreign policy credentials and elevate him above the increasingly contentious fray of the GOP race.

On Wednesday, he will pose for photos with Thatcher, which his advisers hope will enhance his support among devotees of former President Ronald Reagan.

Thompson will deliver the foreign policy speech, "Strengthening the Transatlantic Alliance," on Tuesday at the Policy Exchange, a conservative think tank based in London.

It will stress the importance of American alliances abroad, his advisers said.

"The speech is mostly about the unique and special relationship between the U.S. and the U.K," an adviser said on condition of anonymity, because the prospective campaign has not publicly announced details of the address. "It is about how we have a responsibility to stand together and lead the Western democracies, protect our civilization and stand together for freedom."

The audience will include British business, opinion and political leaders.

Thompson will follow it with a dinner Tuesday night with British journalists, businessmen and policymakers.

The "Law & Order" actor and former senator from Tennessee will meet Wednesday with Lady Margaret Thatcher, the United Kingdom's first female prime minister, and David Cameron, the current leader of the Conservative Party.

The foreign trip comes as Thompson prepares for the formal launch of his quest for the Republican nomination, likely in the first few weeks of July.

Thompson also plans a trip to Israel later this year, advisers said.

Even before Thompson's formal entry into the race, his campaign is likely to announce twin headquarters in Northern Virginia, where policy, communications and research will be based; and Nashville, which will be the home of organization, outreach and other departments.

The campaign will also begin rolling out a slate of advisers.

Liz Cheney, the former State Department official and the vice president's elder daughter, is consulting on foreign policy. Longtime GOP guru Mary Matalin, a friend of Thompson, will help shape the campaign's message.

Although Thompson is formally just testing the waters, his operation is quickly picking up the trappings of a full-fledged campaign. He traveled to London with his new personal aide, a former staffer in his Senate office who had gone on to the Republican National Committee.

Advisers were debating an announcement date on Monday, and said it was likely to be in early to mid-July, perhaps a few days later than originally planned.

"That's the starting gun for everyone to start harassing him about why he doesn't know everything about every issue," said one adviser.

Over the weekend, a Mason-Dixon poll published by The State newspaper of Columbia, S.C., showed Thompson leading the Republican field in that crucial early-voting state, with 25 percent, compared with Rudy Giuliani at 21 percent, Mitt Romney at 11 percent and John McCain at 7 percent.

Thompson is scheduled to visit South Carolina for a state party fundraiser next week.

Story Here

Thompson Climbs To Top In Polls

Thompson On Top In South Carolina Straw Poll

Everything you ever wanted to know about Fred Thompson, Personel, Voting, etc. Little Miss Chatterbox Can Tell You All About Him
Chatterbox Chronicles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is great! Fred Thompson appears to be making all the right political moves and asking Thatcher for her blessing sure reminds us of You Know Who :-) Fred is out there gathering even more allies, getting caught up on current foreign policies, he is just all around a very, very smart man. I will be very proud when he enters the race :-)

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

Great find Marie. Thomspon with "The Iron Lady." Definatly memories of Reagan.

Not only is he leading in SC, but also NC and the latest Rasmussen has him in the lead nationally also.

I also founbd a poll that has him pitted one on one with the Hildabeast and even beofre announcing he ties with her in a General Election. After his announcment that should also change with him in the lead.

LOOOOKKKKINGGG GOOOOOD!

June 19, 2007 12:38 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Good going, Marie! He's looking better all the time. :)

June 19, 2007 12:46 PM  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

hiya Marie..yay a politician to look foward to!!

June 19, 2007 1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand how much peopl want another Reagan. But I'm afraid Fred Thompson is no Reagan. There will never be another R.W.R. Just as there will never be another J.F.K.

It appears to me that Mr. Thompson is not a Washington "outsider," but rather someone who is intimately involved with inside-the-beltway shenanigans, having been a lobbyist for powerful corporations for 20 years. What could be more "inside" than that?

As for his other qualifications, people have been pointing out for years now that no sitting US Senator has been elected to the presidency since JFK. The only other one was Warren G. Harding.

And be careful about thinking it is a good idea to get some retired international leader to approve of an American running for president. Would you guys think it was good if the former head of France stuck his nose in our politics?

If people are hoping for another Reagan in Thompson, I'm afraid all they'll get is a paltry imitation.


Just my 2 cents.

June 20, 2007 5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I realize that Thompson is NOT a sitting US Senator.

So my remarks concerning that stat is irrelevant.

That was typed before my morning coffee.

My bad.

June 20, 2007 5:26 AM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Joanne, Damn it's hard not to call you Mrs Green lol,

You are correct there will NEVER be another Reagan :-(

Look at the field of candidates out there they are ALL Senators on BOTH sides! Well except for Romney, I like him and all but he is just not I was expecting.

We arent talking about the former head of France here, we are talking about 2 allies.

Besides Thompson has known Thatcher from way back and so for him meeting up with her is really nothing new.

Fred has alot more experience than people think he does. He may have been in the Senate for a short time but he has been in and out of Politics for years.

I like Fred, he is tough, no nonsense, speaks his mind, isnt affraid to tackle the tough issues, and has different plans for this Country than anyone I have se3en out of either party. And one of them is healthcare. My favorite is if he were President now, that damn border fence would have been built already.

I LOVE President Bush you know that, but he doesnt speak to us alot, that is not what Fred Thompson would do.

I have been attracted to Fred Thompson for quite some time. I wont knock our other candidates because I like them all, but Fred is the guy for me.

Just out of curiousity, have you seen Ron Paul? LOL

He is out there!

June 20, 2007 9:04 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I know there is a lot of excitement about Fred Thompson. I've yet to be sold, though. I'm not sold on anyone yet. Probably because Easter's still a long way off, for me (ie, not ready to put eggs in any basket), and I'm not ready to write off this current Presidency. Everyone seems excited to "move on". Both left and right are bashing the Administration over everything. I know some of it's deserved; but the pile on is tiresome.

Even in that email I sent out to some of you where I vented about the kid and the Bush joke, we all preceded (myself included) our support for the President by including an obligatory "I don't support the President in everything he's done", as if there was a need to distance ourselves from being mistaken as a Bush-bot.

Anyway, guess I'm just venting again.

June 20, 2007 10:39 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I am pretty psyched that Thompson is doing so well. I finally have hope that we could win in 2008. I was starting to be pretty pessimistic about our chances until this.

Thanks for the link to my profile on him.

June 20, 2007 11:11 PM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Word,

I know it seems early well no IT IS early for all this but the Democrats moved thier primary up to February and it seems the rest of the states are following suit.

So when you think about it February is not that far away, this is going to be the longest damn Presidential Campaign in History. I dont like that it is so early either, but in order to beat the Hilldabeast we better **** or get off the pot!

Dont get me wrong, by no means am I abandoning our President (He and I are having a border issue at the moment) but I will not abandon him. I am just drumming up support for the only one I think that can whoop Hilldabeast's butt.

And Fred Thompson isnt NOT affraid to stand by President Bush in this critical time and that's another thing I like about him, he isnt shying away from Bush like the other candidates are.

Dont worry about my support for Our President, It's unwaivering. I will stand by him till the end.

I guess I am doing both, supporting our President, and drumming up support for the next election.

It's ok just go ahead and vent lol

June 21, 2007 6:39 AM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Dee,

This is getting exciting isnt it?

He is leading in the polls (Which I rarely believe but I was wrong in '06 lol) and he hasnt even entered yet.

This is going to be great! :-)

Oh and you are welcome for the link, you did alot of research for that piece, and I wanted people to see that.

June 21, 2007 6:44 AM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Ken, Gayle and Angel,

Yes he is looking very good, isnt this exciting?

June 21, 2007 6:45 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Marie, I think I've given you the wrong impression.

I'm not depressed, nor do I see you as jumping on a bandwagon of Bush-bashing. I'm speaking in a general sense. The recent bashing I see President Bush taking from conservatives is this. It's not just the immigration issue.

And as far as the immigration issue, many of us may not see eye to eye with him on this, but he's hardly "betrayed" his base when he campaigned in 2000 and 2004 on this very issue of reform. And some of the rhetoric I've seen at some conservative sites does border on a certain emotionalism, without clear-thinking.

As far as Fred Thompson, I don't see you as giving him your endorsement, simply because you are talking about him. Again, I'm speaking in a general sense; not to you specifically.

Anyway, thanks for the response. I know you haven't abandoned the President.

June 21, 2007 10:14 AM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Word,

I get your drift, I looked at that website and it is a damn shame that some Republicans out there are acting like complete idiot's and fools.

I have seen some blogs like that too and wonder should I comment? Or will this all just be a passing phase? I'm hoping for just another Bush Derangement Syndrome moment that will go no where as usual.

I dont see President Bush as having "Betrayed His Base", although some really far right bloggers out there tend to disagree with me. I just see him as (The Democrats have got ahold to him and are doing anything possible to get him on thier side of certain issues), slightly misguided maybe? I'm sure he will snap out of it soon.

On the immigration issue the only problem I have with any of this is, it's some cockamaymee new bill that Kennedy came up with that adds amnesty and perks for those who are illegal, and perks for those who are members of thier family off in Mexico somewhere that will get to come on over, and have rights to government programs that WE have to pay for! To me that's like a slap in my daughter-in-law's face. If she can come here legally and go through all the proper channels, so can everyone else.

I liked President Bush's original plan. That was good enough. Just secure the damn border and send National Guard, and Drones, and Build the Friggen Fence!

I do really like Fred Thompson though :-)

Well I'm glad you are not depressed, even though what you are seeing out of the far, far right is mind boggling and would make anyone upset, and I wouldnt blame them if they did get upset. I know it upsets me, I am just hoping it all quiets down.

And I thought I was far right lol they all got me beat. I feel now like I am more to right of center or something.

The President is still my guy and I will Love him forever :-)

June 21, 2007 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RepublicanGOP.com The Ring of Republican Websites
Ring Owner: Republicans Site: republicangop.com/ - The Ring of Republican Websites
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Free Site Ring form Bravenet

Proud Member Of The Alliance

........In Memory Of President Ronald Wilson Reagan....................................................................In Memory Of President Ronald Wilson Reagan........


Click for Harbor City, California Forecast


Click for Carthage, Tennessee Forecast


Click for Dekalb, Illinois Forecast