free web counter

Maries Two Cents

Far Right Conservative And Proud Of It!..... Stories That I Think Need Special Attention, And, Of Course, My Two Cents :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Del City, Oklahoma, United States




Click for Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Forecast





Homeland Security Advisory

August 06, 2006

Feed Shark Turbo Tagger

Charlie Rangel: "I'll Quit"



FreeRepublic.com Is Reporting:
Rangel: I'll quit Congress if Democrats lose


WASHINGTON -- Rep. Charles Rangel, a powerful senior Democrat in Congress and the dean of New York's congressional delegation, said Wednesday that he'll quit Congress if the Democrats don't retake control of the House this year.

"I'm a poker player(Better Be Holding A Full House) and I've had good hands all night long. This is all in," Rangel said in an interview. "I would not put everything on the table if I thought for one minute we would lose."

Rangel, the ranking Democrat on the House Ways & Means Committee, is 76 years old and has spent 35 years in Congress. The Democrats need to gain 15 seats in the 2006 midterm election _ a victory that would return Rangel to the chairmanship of the powerful committee.



"Hell, if we don't take back the House, then the Democrats would go down in history, saying that there's no group in the world that can grab defeat from the jaws of victory," Rangel said. "It just seems like America is so frustrated and fed up like I am and if she's not then I may have to say maybe it's me."

The congressman, known for a wicked wit and cheshire cat smile, said the U.S. war in Iraq has soured him on the Republican leadership and voters who keep electing them.

Since the war began three years ago, Rangel has called for Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld to resign or be fired, and engaged in an acid-tongued war of words with Vice President Dick Cheney.

Rangel, a Korea War veteran and recipient of the Bronze Star, said he is upset the U.S. public isn't more upset about the Iraq war.

"I love my country and I love the flag, but I am so ashamed that when foreigners try to criticize my country and my president, I have to defend it, but I'm finding it more and more difficult to do that as a person. I don't have any problem doing it as a politician, but as a person I've never been in this position," said Rangel.

But the possibility of a Democratic victory in 2006, he said, was still plenty of motivation.

If the Democrats do win, he said, "It would be great to see the face of Vice President Cheney when he finds out. I'd like to be in the room when they told him. I think that would give me an additional 30 years of life."

Read Full Story Here

Charlie Rangel Arrested At Sudanese Embassy

Charlie Rangel Introduces Bill To Re-Instate The Draft
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well Charlie, (That is what they called the enemy in Viet Nam wasnt it?) After all your crazy escapades, trying to re-instate the draft being the worst of them, I'd Say "You Better Get To Packing"! What was Rangel thinking when he was trying to turn an "All Volunteer Service" Into A Draft? Just Quit Now Charlie, it will save you the time and trouble later! Trying to re-instate the Draft, what a Total Moron!

4 Comments:

Blogger Virginia Patriot said...

If Charlie Rangel retired, that would be the best thing he's done while in Congress. The man is the worst of the worst which is saying a lot for Congress. I've created a blog highlighting all the reasons NOT to vote Democrat in November, and Charlie Rangel's horrific career in Washington is a key post.

America cannot afford to empower Charlie to Chair the House Ways and Means Committee, nor empower Nanci Pelosi and Harry Reid to lead Congress.

http://dont-vote-democrat.blogspot.com/

August 06, 2006 5:52 AM  
Blogger Virginia Patriot said...

Resubmitting with HTML Link.

http://dont-vote-democrat.blogspot.com/

August 06, 2006 5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is coming from a guy who wants to reinstate the draft. What a phony.

August 06, 2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Virginia Patriot,

Oh dont worry, I have absolutely NO intention of voting Democrat in anything!

August 07, 2006 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

RepublicanGOP.com The Ring of Republican Websites
Ring Owner: Republicans Site: republicangop.com/ - The Ring of Republican Websites
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Free Site Ring form Bravenet

Proud Member Of The Alliance

........In Memory Of President Ronald Wilson Reagan....................................................................In Memory Of President Ronald Wilson Reagan........


Click for Harbor City, California Forecast


Click for Carthage, Tennessee Forecast


Click for Dekalb, Illinois Forecast